Bathing beauty Buster Keaton with Virginia Fox in Hard Luck (1921).
"It’s not dead. It’s resting."
That is an ex-parrot.
He has ceased to be.
He has expired and gone to meet his maker
He’s probably pining for the fjords
No, no… he’s stunned
GIANT BABY WOOF WOOFS
So dog. Much big. Wow.
- WALKING TO THE FOREST TO DIE everything from harry waking up in dumbledore’s office to voldemort killing him is just exquisite — harry’s realisation that dumbledore had been grooming him for death and harry being hyperaware of his own body, “brain and nerve and bounding heart” is all so gorgeous and sad and wonderful, and he’s so brave. HE’S SO BRAVE. I’M SO FUCKING SAD IT’S BEEN 7 YEARS
- destroying dumbledore’s office i love this scene because after 4 books of harry keeping shit to himself and sitting on his feelings you get lots of minor, small explosions post-cedric dying and then THIS, it’s a NUCLEAR BOMB OF ANGER and it’s so satisfying to read but also the most painful thing in the world, ever
- politely asking the sphinx to move, please this cracks me up every time. if someone was like show me ONE THING that DEFINES harry james potter AS A HUMAN AND A CHARACTER i would show them this scene. life-threatening wizard competition. dangerous magical creature. “can you move, please?” my son
- torturing amycus after he spit on mcgonagall this means A Lot to me because harry just straight up crucios that fucker without any hesitation or warm-up and puts so much feeling behind it. anything where harry is morally grey is my favourite because he’s The Saviour and the Master of Death and it’s like yeah, and he just crucio’d a dude so hard he flew across the room and passed out
- "you don’t have to call me ‘sir’, professor" any scene where harry backchats snape is fantastic but i distinctly remember reading this scene and being like OOOHHHH OOOOOHHHH SICK BUUURRNNNN OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH
Seconding number four so hard. It’s probably my favorite moment in the books because who wouldn’t want to torture that fucker for spitting on McGonagall?
I didn’t realize this was two different ads for a good minute or so
gee, it’s almost as though there are people out there who claim homosexuality is wrong because it’s unnatural? and pointing out that it exists in nature debunks that claim??? BIZARRE
This will always remain my favorite vintage lesbian art… Do I even have to break it down for you?
I just thought it was a mermaid trapped under ice
If it were just a mermaid trapped under ice, there would be no reason all the skaters above the ice are wearing skirts and are presumably women. also look at that mermaid’s smile she knows what’s up.
the caption says “Are Parisian women becoming more thrifty? Seeing a lot of different types of panties this year!”
presumably half those girls are commando or wearing thongs. this is totally lesbian pinup ads.
The main giveaway isn’t even the smile or the skirts, it’s the cigarette. The cigarette’s always been a censorship euphemism for sex (or masturbation as the case may be).
The mystery of how she’s smoking underwater is another matter. :p
THIS IS MY FAVOURITEST PICTURE EVER ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD TIMES INFINITY AND BEYOND.